Ram Navami 2021: Date & Time | Importance | Celebration | Astro Tips
Ram Navami is a religious and traditional festival that is celebrated every year with great enthusiasm by the people of the Hindu religion. It is celebrated as birthday of Lord Rama; son of king Dasharatha and Queen Kaushalya. Rama was the 7th incarnation of Lord Vishnu in the Dashavatar. As per the Hindu calendar, this festival falls on the 9th day of the Shukla Paksha of Chaitra month every year. It is also called Navami of the Shukla Paksha of Chaitra month which ends with the nine-day long festival of Chaitra-Navratri.
Importance of Ram Navami
Rama Navami has a special significance in Hinduism. It is believed that on this day, Lord Vishnu took birth as Lord Rama from the womb of Kaushalya, the first wife of King Dasaratha of Ayodhya. It was also the same day when “Ram Charitra Manas” was composed by Shri Goswami Tulsidas. Lord Ram was born in Treta Yuga with the purpose to establish religion among human beings for their welfare and destruction of inequality.
Ram Navami 2021 auspicious time
21st April 2021 (Wednesday)
Ram Navami madhyah-Muhurta: 11:02 am to 13:38 pm
Rama navami madhyah moment : 12:20 pm
Navami Date Start : 21st April 2021 at 00:43 am
Navami date ends – 22nd April 2021 at 00:35 am.
On the day of Rama Navami, Lord Purushottam Ram is specially worshipped. On this day people go to temples and do kirtan and listen the story of Ram’s birth. The statue of Ram ji is cradled. There is also a practice of fasting on this day, it is believed that a person gets happiness and prosperity by fasting on this day. Kheer is offered on this day. This day is the ninth day of Chaitra Navratri, the last day which is concluded by worshipping small girls. Also thousands of devotees take a bath in the river Saryu after reaching Ayodhya. It is believed that by taking a bath, all sins are destroyed and the devotees gets immense grace of Lord Rama.
- Wear clean clothes after taking a bath in Brahma Muhurta time.
- Now take the vow to observe a fast by remembering the name of Lord Ram by heart.
- Place a picture or idol of Ram Darbar in the temple of the house and sprinkle Ganga water on it.
- Now light a lamp of ghee in front of the picture or idol.
- Now, place the Idol in the cradle.
- After this, bathe Ram and wear clothes and garlands on him.
- Then offer fruits, dry fruits and sweets to Ram. Offering kheer is considered very good.
- Now make him swing in the cradle.
- Thereafter do the aarti with incense sticks & dhoop.
- Then recite Ramayana and Rama Rakshastotra.
- Now invite nine girls in the house and feed them. Before leaving offer something in return.
- After this, distribute the Prasad among all the members of the family and observe the fast.
Remedies for Ram Navami
- If a person is struggling with a big problem, then recite Sri Ramachandra Kripalu Bhaju three times on the day of Rama Navami in front of Lord Rama’s picture. It will eliminate the problem.
- If both husband and wife fight over small things, then the wife should make Porridge at night and keep it in the light of the moon for one hour. Then both the husband and wife should eat it together. Their differences will end.
- During the puja on the day of Navami, keep 11 clams in red cloth and tie it with black thread. Then make the swastika with red color on both the clothes and keep one cloth near the place of worship and the other in your almirah. This will attract money and wealth in the house.
- On the day of Navami Puja, make sure to feed the girls. Give them a gift item in return such as pen, book, book etc. By doing this, your home will be inhabited by happiness and peace and there will be no shortage of money.
- On the day of Rama Navami give Kheer Puri to cow mother, milk-bread to black dog and sweet milk to cat. By doing this, you will receive the unlimited kindness of Lord Rama along with Goddess Durga.
For More Astrological Tips; You can consult Astrology Expert on AstroSOLV Mobile App. Consult NOW!
2,962 total views, 2 views today